0-24-24 is a quality P&K fertiliser which has been the standard treatment for correcting phosphate & potassium deficiencies. It does not contain any nitrogen which can be important in areas where a minimal amount of top growth is required. This can be especially important in Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVS's), or on horse paddocks where there is a risk of laminitis.
If the area is going to be used to grow hay, or intensively grazed, then look to apply a fertiliser with a higher level of nitrogen such as 20-10-10 Fertiliser. If you require a fertiliser which is fully balanced, consider looking at 16-16-16 Fertiliser
This product is also available in a 600kg Bulk Bag.
If you want to improve the appearance of your paddock, consider over-seeding with Paddock Grass Seed. This will help to fill out any bare or thin patches.
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 0:24:24 contains: 0% Nitrogen, 24% Phosphate, 24% Potassium.
- So in a 25kg bag: 0% of the 25kg is Nitrogen i.e. 0kg N, 24%of the 25kg is Phosphate i.e. 6kg P, 24%of the 25kg is Potassium i.e. 6kg K.
- For more information on Fertiliser rates visit www.defra.gov.uk/rb209.
- Quality P&K fertiliser.
- Does not contain nitrogen.
- Ideal for horse paddocks and Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVS's).
- Always read the product label before use.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.
- If you are looking for a liquid fertiliser look at Nutri-gem Liquid.
- View our range of walk behind, towable & mounted Fertiliser Spreaders.
- Looking to cover a wider a wider area? We also have this product in a 600kg Bulk Bag.
|Active Ingredient||0% nitrogen, 24% phosphate & 24% potassium|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||2000m2 or Half an Acre|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||N/A|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||N/A|
|Fertiliser Spreading Rate||50-75kg per acre or 125-185kg per Hectare|
|Application Method(s)||Spread by Hand, Spreader|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf, Paddock, Pasture, Sports Turf, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Conifer Safe, Grass, New Grass, Paddocks, Pasture, Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees, Sports Turf|
|Period Of Use||March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October|
|MPN||Does not apply|
The application rate will depend on how many times you will apply the product, and also what the grass is going to be used for. If you want to find out what is in your soil, and the amount of fertiliser you will require, then look at our Paddock Soil Analysis. For a general feed we recommend 75-150kg/ha or 30-70kg/acre. Do not graze until all fertiliser prills have completely disolved, typically 2-3 days.
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|