0-24-24 is a quality P&K fertiliser which has been the standard treatment for correcting phosphate & potassium deficiencies. It does not contain any nitrogen which can be important in areas where a minimal amount of top growth is required. This can be especially important in Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVS's), or on horse paddocks where there is a risk of laminitis.
If the area is going to be used to grow hay, or intensively grazed, then look to apply a fertiliser with a higher level of nitrogen such as 20-10-10 Fertiliser. If you require a fertiliser which is fully balanced, consider looking at 16-16-16 Fertiliser
This product is also available in a 600kg Bulk Bag. If you want to improve the appearance of your paddock, consider over-seeding with Paddock Grass Seed. This will help to fill out any bare or thin patches.
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 0:24:24 contains: 0% Nitrogen, 24% Phosphate, 24% Potassium.
- So in a 25kg bag: 0% of the 25kg is Nitrogen i.e. 0kg N, 24%of the 25kg is Phosphate i.e. 6kg P, 24%of the 25kg is Potassium i.e. 6kg K.
- For more information on Fertiliser rates visit www.defra.gov.uk/rb209.
- Quality P&K fertiliser.
- Does not contain nitrogen.
- Ideal for horse paddocks and Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVS's).
- Always read the product label before use.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.
- If you are looking for a liquid fertiliser look at Nutri-gem Liquid.
- View our range of walk behind, towable & mounted Fertiliser Spreaders.
- Looking to cover a wider a wider area? We also have this product in a 600kg Bulk Bag.