Brighten up an unused corner of your garden with this Native Wild Flower mix. It contains 80% native grasses and 20% annual wild flowers which are all native to the UK. It is a balanced mixture of attractive, brightly coloured and vigorous annuals which used to be commonly seen in cornfields, but were regarded as weeds.
This pack will treat between 50-100 square meters depending on how thick you require it. It contains Corn Poppy, Corn Chamomile, Corncockle, Cornflower along with grass species.
This mix is suitable for all main soil types, and should be sown at 1-5g per m². We would advise to spray the area off first with a total weed killer such as Roundup Pro Active in order to kill any weeds which are present and avoid the meadow being contaminated by foreign grasses. Please take note of the instructions for how long the area should be left before sowing seeds. You can sow the seed into the sprayed area after 7 days, however it is advised that you leave it for as long as possible.
Mowing or strimming the meadow annually in the autumn when the seed heads have formed will help dispurse the seed for future years. It is important that you do not collect the clippings as this will remove any seed.
This mix is available in a 100g (100m²) & 1kg (1000m²) pack.
Grass Species (80%):
- Chewings Fescue 30%
- Browntop Bent 5%
- Slender Creeping Red Fescue 30%
- Hard Fescue 15%
Flower Species (20%):
- Corn Poppy 6%
- Corn Chamomile 5%
- Corncockle 5%
- Cornflower 4%
- Visually appealing.
- Contains 80% native grasses and 20% annual wild flowers.
- Plants reach up to 50cm (20 inches)
- Suitable for a wide range of soil types.
- Flowers should self-seed.
- Sow at 1-5 grams per m².
- Sow in either early spring or early autumn, and do not cut. When flowering has finished at the end of summer, ensure that all seed is shaken from the mature plants as you pull them up. Most species will germinate and establish within a few weeks, although some may not appear until the following summer.
- Shake the bag well before use.
- After a 100% wild flower mix? Take a look at Native Wild Flower Seed Mix.
- This mix is available in a 100g (100m²) & 1kg (1000m²) pack.