Amylo-X WG is a bio-fungicide used as a preventative method of control for powdery mildew and a range of other diseases, however it is most effective on the former. The active ingredient within Amylo-X (bacillus amyloliquefaciens plantarum D747) is a naturally occuring bacteria which produces anti-fungal compounds. These will then compete for space with the pathogen/disease that needs controlling.
Powdery mildew is a fungal disease that affects a wide range of ornamentals, garden plants and protected crops. The main symptom is white, powdery patches of fungus visible on the upper or lower leaf surface, flowers, stems and fruit, however the leaves of the plant may also become distorted. Whilst it normally affects new growth, powdery mildew may also attack old growth as well.
- No maximum residue levels so is ideal for use on edible crops.
- It has a unique mode of action so can be used as part of an IPM programme and will reduce the resistance by over use of other products.
- It can be used early on in the lifecycle of the crop.
- It can be used in organic growing.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Amylo-X can be applied 6 times per crop and 7 days between applications.
- Apply at very first signs of disease or when disease pressure is high. It can be used in conjunction with other pesticides.
- Amylo works best when the temperatures are above 15oC and the humidity is high.
- Improve control by 20% and mix with Ruby.
- Looking for a fungicide that also targets downey mildew and altenaria leaf blight? Take a look at Floreo.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Amylo-X.
|Active Ingredient||250g/kg bacillus amyloliquefaciens plantarum D747|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||Up to 6000sqm depending on crop and rate|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||1.5-2.5kg per Hectare in 200-1000 litres of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||1.5-2.5kg per Hectare in 200-1000 litres of water|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Fusarium Patch, Powdery Mildew|
|Area of Use||Agricultural Crops, Fruit Crops, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Period Of Use||Spring, Summer|
|MPN||Does not apply|