APHIcontrol is a parasitic wasp for the control of aphids and greenfly. APHIcontrol consists of Aphidius colemani mummies. The adult parasitic wasps will parasitize the aphid and lay an egg inside it. The parasatised aphid will die and turn into a parasatised mummy. It hatches 2-3 days later and the larvae will then feed on the parasitized mummy. Can be used on any protected crop with optimum temperatures of 18-25oC but will work at temperatures above 13oC. Do not use sticky traps when using APHIcontrol as the wasps will get caught on them.
Storage: This product is perishable as it is a live product. They should only be stored for a maximum of 2 days after receipt and must be stored at a temperature of 8-10oC.
Features & Benefits:
- Safe for humans, pets and the environment – children and pets need not be excluded from the areas.
- APHIcontrol will parasitize both aphids and nymphs which means there is higher target amount of pests and a higher rate of kill
- A single female wasp can lay hundreds of eggs which means there is a high rate of reproduction to keep high numbers of predators available.
- Aphidius colemani has the ability to find aphid colonies from a long distance making it very effective at controlling aphids.
- Suitable for organic production.
|Pack Size Coverage||500 mummies - 250sqm – 2000sqm, 1000 mummies - 500sqm – 4000sqm, 5000 mummies - 2,500sqm – 20,000sqm|
|Application Method(s)||Spread by Hand|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf, Lawn, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Period Of Use||April, May, June, July, August, September, October, Spring, Summer|