Avatar is a relatively new, systemic multi-site fungicide which helps prevent against diseases in ornamental crops. As well as preventing against 'damping off' and root rot, Avatar also contributes to the prevention of other Oomycete diseases such as Phytophthora. It works by preventing mycelia growth, spore production and germination. Avatar will also stimulate the plants natural defences which will in-turn improve resistance management.
Avatar is supplied in an easy to use liquid for the control of ‘damping-off’ caused by Pythium spp for lettuce, tomato, melon and cucumber seedlings during propagation under protection. This product can also be used for protected crops of tomato, melon and cucumber against Pythium when applied through drip irrigation.
Avatar can be applied as a drench to control root diseases. This can be used for seed sown crops at both the seed sowing stage and 24 hours prior to pricking out. It should also be used as a drench for plug grown plants both before potting and 10-14 days after potting. To control downy mildew, Avatar can be applied as a foliar spray. This can be done by tractor mounted or trailed sprayers or by knapsack. As the plant matures, higher water volumes are required.
Please note, Avatar is no longer made so this product will be supplied as 'Cradle' which is the same active, strength & has the same approvals.
- Controls both root rot and 'damping off' caused by Pythium and Phytophthora.
- Stimulates the plant's natural defences.
- Suitable for use in a wide range of ornamental and edible crops.
- Can be used as a root drench or spray.
- Always read the product label before use.
- To ensure good control of Oomycete diseases Avatar must be applied in a protectant programme of treatments before infections have occured.
- Use Ruby to improve the penetration of spray droplets into the leaf surface.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Avatar.
**Due to product shortages this item may be supplied as an alternative brand, but will contain the same active & approvals.**