Ferro gem® is a 6% straight iron which is used to green and toughen up grass. This product can be used all year round, although it is particularly useful during the colder months as it will help strengthen the plant against frost and disease. The active ingredient, Iron, is absorbed by the leaf giving rapid results and has been known to blacken moss within hours. This product is ideal for treating large areas such as horse paddocks & amenity areas. Whilst ferrous sulphate is not harmful or hazardous, we would recommend keeping livestock off the treated area for 24-48 hours as a precaution.
Apply Ferro gem® by knapsack or boom sprayer to ensure there is good coverage of the grass and moss. Use 600-800L of water per hectare to help improve coverage of thicker swards of grass. If you are using Ferro gem® on thick infestations of moss in grass, consider using Ruby which will help improve penetration and results by up to 20%.
For an all-in-one treatment, look at Green Force Weed, Feed & Moss Killer.
We also have this product in a smaller, 10L Container.
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|
**Due to recent changes in the law, products which contain ferrous sulphate can no longer be claimed to have control against moss. This is because any product which 'controls' moss is now classed as a herbicide, and this requires the product to have an expensive and complex approval. Due to this, we are unable to claim that this product will control moss; In spite of the fact that the product formulation has not changed since when it was used to control moss with very good results**
- Ideal for treating large areas.
- Effectively stengthens and greens up grass.
- Suitable for use all year round.
- Protects grass against frost and disease in the colder months.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Use in the spring and autumn when treating moss.
- For controlling moss on hard surfaces look at Sapphire.
- Save money and time and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Ferro gem®.
|Active Ingredient||6% iron|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||Up to 1 Hectares or 10,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||400ml-1200ml per 10L of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||40L per Hectare or 16L per Acre|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf, Lawn, Paddock, Pasture, Sports Turf|