ENCARcontrol consists of Encarsia Formosa pupae which will hatch out into adult female parasitic wasps. The adult wasps will search for whitefly larvae in the 3rd and 4th stage. The wasp will then parasitise the whitefly and lay an egg inside it, causing it to die. A new parasitic wasp will develop inside the dead whitefly larvae and will eventually emerge to search for more whitefly. The wasp will also feed on the younger larvae of whitefly in the 1st and 2nd larval stages of development.
ENCARcontrol can be used on any protected crop at temperatures above 17oC. ENCAR control is supplied as Encarsia Formosa pupae which are glued to a card. There are 60 pupae per card. The card is simply hung in the crop where whiteflies are present.
Storage: This product is perishable as it is a live product. They should only be stored for a maximum of 2 days after receipt and must be stored at a temperature of 8-10oC.
Pack Size Quantities:
- Safe for humans, pets and the environment – children and pets need not be excluded from the areas.
- Encarsia Formosa pupae are fixed onto a card which means they are protected from damage in transit.
- There is a high rate of emergence of the pupae.
- The Encarsia formosa are easy to detect in your crop as you can clearly see the black scales.
- Host feeding will also take place – the female encarsia will also feed on the whitefly which will increase her lifespan and ability to lay more eggs, therefore killing more whitefly.
- Can be used in an organic garden.
- Use within 2 days of delivery.
- Introduce Phytoseiulus persimilis in order to effectively control red spider mite.
**Due to the fact this is a living organism and requires refrigerated transport, all delivery details must be correct and someone must be in to receive the parcel. Failure to do this will likely result in the product having to be replaced at an additional cost**
|Pack Size Coverage||50 Cards - 330-2,000m2/ 250 Cards - 1,600sqm – 10,000m2|