Icade® herbicide is used for controlling tough, woody and invasive weeds. It is a soluble concentrate selective herbicide which can only be used in non-crop situations such as motorway and railway embankments, roadsides and industrial areas (excluding airfields).
Icade® is very effective against weeds such as Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam, buddleia, hogweed and bramble. It's selective action means it will not harm wanted grasses. This new product gives hope to controlling tough invasive weeds following the withdrawal of so many other valuable products. If you are looking for something that will control broad-leaved weeds & grasses, then look at Diamond 5L.
- Soluble concentrate selective herbicide for the control of weeds (such as Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam, buddleia and bramble) in non-crop situations.
- Virtually no odour.
- Very low amounts of active ingredient but still effective.
- High levels of grass safety.
- Wide spectrum of weeds controlled - especially tough and invasive weeds.
- Rainfast in 1 hour.
- Wide application window- from March to the end of October.
- Knapsack and broadcast possible.
- Season-long control of many weeds.
- Always read the product label before use.
- To control bracken, you will require a product called Asulox.
- Save time and money and mix in with Blue Dye to indicate areas already sprayed, this will ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Avoid drift onto neighbouring susceptible crops, non-target plants or waterways.
- Do not use on grass less than one year old.
- To allow maximum translocation to the roots do not cut grass for 7 days after application.
- Keep livestock out of treated areas for at least 7 days or until foliage of any poisonous weeds (such as ragwort) has died and become unpalatable.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Icade®.
|Active Ingredient||12g/L aminopyralid and 120g/L triclopyr|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||2,500m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||200ml in 10L of water covers 500m2|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||4L per Hectare|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Brambles, Gorse, Japenese Knotweed, Nettle, Thistle|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf|
|Period Of Use||March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October|
|MPN||Does not apply|