How To Use A Knapsack Sprayer
A knapsack is a type of sprayer that disperses liquid through a hand-held nozzle that is attached to a pressurised reservoir carried on the operators back. Knapsack sprayers can be used to apply liquids such as fertilisers, herbicides and fungicides for example and is suited to spot treating areas.
- Assemble your sprayer (if new) following the manufactures instructions
- Ensure you are fully prepared with the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including rubber boots, coveralls, gloves and a face shield
- Ensure the sprayer is calibrated to the required dosage – see our guide on how to calibrate a sprayer HERE
- Fill the spray tank with the required amount of water, we recommend always reading and following the manufacturers label and instructions before use and using the rate suggested.
- Measure the chemical needed in a mixing jug in a safe environment. If the chemical container is new and is sealed with a foil, simply turn the cap upside down, press onto the foil seal and twist to remove.
- Add chemical into the sprayer with the water. We recommend not mixing more than what is needed.
- Triple rinse the measuring jug
- Agitate the sprayer to make sure the liquid is fully mixed
- Now you are ready to spray. Put the sprayer on your back and adjust until comfy.
PPE Personal Protective Equipment must always be worn.
20L Economy Backpack Sprayer£30.60 Inc VAT £25.50 Ex VAT As low as: £26.40
16 Litre Back Pack Sprayer£42.00 Inc VAT £35.00 Ex VAT
Robust Professional Knapsack£146.40 Inc VAT £122.00 Ex VAT As low as: £142.80
Market Leading Knapsack Sprayer£141.60 Inc VAT £118.00 Ex VAT As low as: £138.00