Prolong 46-0-0 is a straight nitrogen fertiliser which will release over a 6-12 month period. Allowing the plant to draw on available nitrogen over several months is far more efficient and reduces the amount of nitrogen lost to the atmosphere. Using a slow release fertiliser will also reduce the sudden surge of top growth usually associated with high nitrogen products.
Nitrogen is crucial for the healthy growth of plants. Part of the cholophyll molecule, nitrogen gives plants their green colouration and is involved in the process of photosynthesis. The main symptom of a lack of nitrogen in plants is usally a general yellowing (chlorosis) of the green leaves.
If you require a slow release product which contains additonal nutrients, consider 18-3-8 Slow Release.
|Recommended Period of Use
| = Optimum time for application
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 46:0:0 contains: 46% nitrogen 0% phosphate 0% potash
- So in a 20kg bag: 46% of the 25kg is Nitrogen i.e. 9.2kg N, 0% of the 25kg is Phosphate i.e. 0kg P, 0% of the 25kg is Potassium i.e. 0kg K
- For more information on Fertiliser rates visit www.defra.gov.uk/rb209
- Improved utilization and plant up-take of applied nitrogen.
- Reduction in wasted nitrogen resulting in improved cost efficiency and reduced environmental impact.
- Season long performance – recommend applying at 3 – 6 month intervals.
- Reduces unwanted growth flushes.
- Reduces soft lush growth and disease susceptibility.
- Protects water courses from nitrate pollution (less algae growth in ponds/lakes).
- Safe, reduced scorch formulation.
- Always read the product label before use.
- If you require a liquid alternative consider Slow N.
- Look at our Heavy Duty Spreader or Pro Fertiliser Spreader.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.