Promess is a semi-systemic highly versatile fungicide that can be used on most bedding plants, pot plants, nursey stock, bulbs and edible crops (including brussel sprouts, broccoli and lettuce) to protect against root rot diseases and downy mildew.
Promess offers protection against Pythium spp, Phytophthora spp, and Peronospora parasitica, which cause damping off, root and stem rots and downy mildew. Promess will also protect germinating seeds, seedling, pot or container plants and transplants from infection.
Caused by microscopic fungus-like organisms, Phytophthora root rot is the most common cause of root decay in a wide range of trees and shrubs. The main symptoms are wilting, yellow or sparse foliage and branch dieback, although above-ground symptoms often do not develop until the root rot is advanced. Downy mildew causes discolouration on upper leaf surfaces and white, grey or purple mould on the underside. Affecting many ornamental and edible plants, downy mildew is a problem as it dramatically reduces the yield and quality of crops.
- Highly versatile.
- Protects plants, ornamentals and edible crops from root rot diseases such as Phytophthora root rot and downy mildew.
- Protects germinating seeds, seedlings and pot and container plants.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed and not overdosed.
- To control Phytophthora root rot in protected ornamental crops take a look at Floreo.
- Treated soil must be kept under normal moisture conditions to enable continuous absorbtion.
- After a fungicide treatment for powdery mildew? Take a look at Nimrod.
- Improve control by 20% by mixing with Ruby.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Promess.
|Active Ingredient||722g/L propamocarb hydrochloride|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||Max individual dose - 5ml/m2 in 2-4L of water as soil drench|
|Area of Use||Horticulture, Plants, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Period Of Use||All Year Round|