Propyz is a residual herbicide which can be used as a pre or post-emergence weed killer in forestry and amenity plantings. It is specifically designed to target and kill grass weeds, but this product can also control troublesome weeds such as chickweed, cleavers, bindweed, fat hen, and will even offer some control against horsetail.
Propyz can be used on ornamental shrubs, roses, and is also widely used near trees and hedges. As it is mobile in the soil, it is important to apply it in cooler conditions (the soil temperature being lower than 8 degrees) and when there is plenty of moisture. These conditions are usually between October & February.
This product is also available in a smaller pack called Propyz 1L.
If you want to increase the spectrum of weeds which Propyz will control, mix 42ml Propyz + 5ml Flexidor per 5L of water. This mix will now control mayweed, poppy, nettle, speedwell & buttercup.
It is important that you only apply one dose of Propyz per year. For a full list of controllable weeds and the tolerant lists of trees & shrubs, please download the product label.
Propyz is an alternative brand to third party brands such as Cohort, Prova & Kerb® Flo.
- Residual pre-and-post emergence herbicide offering primary control over grass weeds.
- Also controls chickweed, cleavers, bindweed, fat hen and even horsetail.
- Ideal for use on ornamental shrubs, roses and near trees and hedges.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Use Propyz for spraying around new trees or along hedge rows.
- If you're treating shrub beds, consider mixing in Flexidor to make a replacement for Casaron G.
- Save time and money and mix in Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Best results are obtained under cool, moist conditions.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Propyz.
|Active Ingredient||400g/L propyzamide|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||1.5 Hectares or 15,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||80ml per 10L of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||4.25L/Hectare or 1.7L/Acre for Amenity areas|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Bindweed, Buttercup, Chickweed, Fat Hen, General Weeds, Grasses, Meadow Grass, Nettle, Speedwell|
|Area of Use||Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees|
|Period Of Use||January, February, March, October, November, December, Autumn, Winter|
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|