Thrust is a strong selective weed killer for use in agricultural & amenity grassland. It can be applied through a vehicle mounted or hand held sprayer making it a useful product. It is particularly strong on weeds such as thistle, dock, ragwort, plantain, soft rush & buttercups.
Following the recent loss of so many selective herbicides, Thrust is one of the few remaining value for money products.
Where used for controlling ragwort or other waxy weeds, we would recommend mixing in a herbicide enhancer called Activate-g 1L. This helps the herbicide be drawn into the leaves more effectively & cuts down on the loss of product. It will also help reduce the amount of time it takes for the chemical to dry on the leaf.
To increase the spectrum of controllable weeds we would recommend using Thrust at 3L/ha mixed with 2L/ha of Hurler 1L
|Max Rate Per Hectare||Max Total Rate||Dilution Per Litre||Weeds Controlled|
(amenity grassland only)
|35ml per litre of water||Annual & perennial broad-leaved weeds|
|3 L Thrust + 2L Hurler||
Cleavers, Dandelion. Common Chickweed,
Common hemp-nettle, Field forget-me-not,
Black Bindweed, dead nettle, Dock, Ragwort, Bramble
Restrictions you need to be aware of are as follows...
- Graze for at least 14 days after spraying
- Mow or roll 4 days before or after application. The first 4 mowings after treatment must be composted for at least six months before use.
- Treat newly established grass less than one year old
- Treat grass crops intended for seed production
- Treat grass suffering from drought, disease or other adverse factors
- Roll or harrow crops for seven days either before or after application of THRUST
- Apply when grassland is flowering
- Apply in windy weather in case of spray drift onto neighbouring crops.
- Spray within 5 metres of the field boundary
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|
- To avoid any missed or overlapped areas mix in Blue Dye
- Mix with Phase 2 to reduce drift
- For woody invasive weeds, consider using I-cade 1L
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Active Ingredient||344g/l 24-D + 120g/l Dicamba|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||Up to 5L per Hectare in 100L of water|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||100-250ml per 10L of water covers 1000m2|
|Pack Size Coverage||Up to1.6 Hectares or 16,000m2|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|MPN||Does not apply|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Buttercup, Dock, Nettle, Plantain, Ragwort, Soft Rush, Thistle|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf, Lawn, Paddock, Pasture|
|Safe For Use On||Grass, Lawns, Paddocks, Pasture|
|Period Of Use||April, May, June, July, August, September, October, Spring, Summer, Autumn|