Vulcan SG is a broad spectrum neonicotinyl insecticide containing (20% w/w) acetamiprid for control of pine weevil in woodland, aphid and whitefly species. Has additional activity on plant chewing and sucking pests such as: thrips, leafminers (specific species), leafhoppers, mealybugs, beetles and weevils(specific species), leafmidge, scale insects, fly species(e.g. cherry, sawfly and sciarid), capsids and some caterpillar species.
Vulcan SG can be used on a variety of crops including apples, aubergines, cherries, ornamentals, pears, peppers, plums, potatoes and tomatoes.
- Quick knockdown aphidcide with highly systemic contact and translaminar activity.
- Broad spectrum activity on sap sucking and chewing pests (aphids, midges, muscle scale, sawfly and others)
- Low impact on naturally occurring beneficials such as earwigs*, crucial for the success in controlling difficult pests
- In programmes at pre-flowering, Vulcan has known lower impact on: predatory mites (Typhlodromus pyri), parasitic wasps (Aphidius spp.) honey bees, bumble bees, Ichneumon wasps, earwigs.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resitant Gloves, when handling Vulcan.