High K is a quality fertiliser which is ideal for areas requiring a large amount of potassium (K). Although this product is mainly used in paddocks & pasture, due to its compound mini-granule formulation it is also suitable for lawns, sports turf & amenity areas.
This product can be used at higher rates for correcting potassium deficiencies, or used as a general feed which will slowly release the fertiliser over a 6 week period. High K contains a high level (29%) of potassium. Potassium is a vital macronutrient for plants, grass and trees; as well as regulating CO2 uptake during photosynthesis, potassium also regulates water, produces ATP and activates growth related enzymes. Alongside potassium, High K also benefits from low levels of nitrogen, magnesium and iron which all also contribute to the health of plants.
The application rate will depend on how many times you intend to apply the product and also what the grass is going to be used for. If you require a detailed reccomendation, please contact us or take a look at our Soil Analysis Kit. Apply either by hand or through one of our applicators.
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 5:0:29:4Fe:2.5Mg contains: 5% nitrogen, 0% phosphate, 28% potassium, 4% iron(Fe), 2.5% magnesium.
- So in a 25kg bag: 5% of the 25kg is nitrogen i.e. 1.25kg N, 0% of the 25kg is phosphate i.e. 0kg P, 29% of the 25kg is potassium i.e. 7kg K, 4% of the 25kg is iron i.e. 1kg Fe, 2.5% of the 25kg is magnesium i.e. 0.75%.
- For more information on Fertiliser rates visit www.defra.gov.uk/rb209.
- Suitable for paddocks, pasture, lawns, sports turf and amenity areas.
- Mini-granule compound formulation.
- Corrects potassium deficiencies when used at high rates.
- Also contains magnesium and iron.
- Always read the product label before use.
- If you are looking for a liquid fertiliser look at Nutri-gem Liquid.
- For applying fertiliser over large areas look at our Pro Fertiliser Spreader.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.