16-16-16 (or Triple 16) is a quality NPK fertiliser which offers a balanced feed. Triple 16 can be used as a standard treatment for feeding grass which will be grazed or used to make hay. It is one of the most flexible blends of fertiliser we offer as it delivers the same amount of nitrogen, phosphate & potassium. This balanced formulation can be particularly useful if you are treating areas slightly deficient in phosphate or potassium as you are also delivering nitrogen which will be needed to promote top growth.
The application rate will depend on how many times you will apply the product, and also what the grass is going to be used for. If you want to find out what is in your soil, and the amount of fertiliser you will require, then look at our Paddock Soil Analysis. For a general feed we recommend 75-150kg/ha or 30-70kg/acre.
If you require a product with a higher level of nitrogen then consider 20-10-10 Fertiliser. If you require a fertiliser with no nitrogen, then consider looking at 0-24-24.
This product is also available in a 25kg Bag.
Understanding Fertiliser Analysis:
- Under the metric system the unit of measurement is a kg.
- Recommendations are given in kg/ha.
- A fertiliser with the analysis 16:16:16 contains: 16% nitrogen, 16% phosphate, 16% potassium.
- So in a 25kg bag: 16% of the 25kg is Nitrogen i.e. 4kg N, 16% of the 25kg is Phosphate i.e. 4kg P, 16% of the 25kg is Potassium i.e. 4kg K.
- For more information on Fertiliser rates visit www.defra.gov.uk/rb209.
- Ideal for treating grass that is going to be grazed or made into hay.
- Very flexible- contains balanced levels of three macronutrients (nitrogen, phosphate and potassium).
- Always read the product label before use.
- Do not graze until all fertiliser prills have completely disolved, typically 2-3 days.
- If you are looking for a liquid fertiliser look at Nutri-gem Liquid.
- Improve the pH of your soil by applying Granulated Lime.
- View our range of walk behind, towable & mounted Fertiliser Spreaders.
- Find out what is in your soil and the required amount of fertiliser with our Paddock Soil Analysis.
- After this product in a smaller bag? We also have Triple 16 in a 25kg Bag.
- Consider over-seeding with Paddock Grass Seed to help to fill out any bare or thin patches.