How To Slow Down Grass Growth
You will need:
- Plant growth regulator (e.g Maintain NT)
- Applicator (knapsack/boom sprayer)
- Correct PPE (overalls, rubber boots, chemical resistant gloves & face shield)
Why Slow Down Grass Growth?
You may want to slow the growth of your grass down for several reasons but the most common is that in the summer months you are just simply too busy to mow the grass weekly or even on some occasions twice weekly. Why spend time cutting your grass when you can spend more time enjoying it!
Turf growth inhibitors used to damage the grass plant in a similar way to a weed killer however modern plant growth regulators target the plant’s growth hormones to inhibit vertical growth and stimulate side shoot production and root growth. This results in a healthier, denser turf, with improved colour, appearance and drought tolerance. With the added benefit of up to 50% slower growth.
Maintain NT is a liquid plant growth regulator that helps to reduce the frequency of mowing on amenity grassland and managed amenity turf.
- It reduces vertical stem growth and shoot length, slowing down the speed of grass growth, including in shaded areas.
- It produces a more compact dense sward, improving playing surface.
- Increases root mass improving drought tolerance.
- Improves colour and visual appearance.
- Wide range of tank mixtures with foliar products.
How To Apply:
- You must ensure that your grass is actively growing.
- Do not apply full rate if grass is under drought or frost stress.
- Make sure the product is applied 4 hours before mowing or minimum 1 hour afterwards.
- Do not apply if rain is due within 6 hours of application.
- Use between April to October.
- To treat 500m2, you need to apply 40ml-80ml per 10L water every 4-6 weeks.
We recommend using a plant growth regulator (such as Maintain NT) that will also improve the sward density and promote healthy root development.
For more information on slowing grass growth, please get in touch with our sales team on 01522 246491.