AVAILBLE TO BUY IN 2020
Over many years Asulox® has established itself as the UK’s market leading product for bracken control. The active ingredient, asulam, targets bracken infestations and is translocated throughout the plant to provide effective control. Herbicidal symptoms following application of Asulox® do not show in the year of spraying but in the following season there is little or no bracken re-growth. Completing a programme of follow up sprays with Asulox can greatly extend the bracken free period for land that has been treated.
For areas of forestry use 5-10L of product per 200-300L of water. For grassland, moorland and amenity vegetation use 11L of product per 400-500L of water.
Asulox®, along with all pesticides within Europe, has been subject to the EU Plant Protection Products Directive 91 / 414 which meant that all pesticide products in Europe had to undergo a rigorous re-examination of all the supporting data. Asulox® failed to gain approval (after appeal) by 20th September 2011. Because of industry wide support for the product, including organisations such as Butterfly Conservation and Environment Agencies there is an aim to obtain re-registration of the product by 2017. However in the intervening time it is hoped that it will be approved for Emergency Authorisation whereby it can be used annually for 120 days.
Asulox is also available in a 5L Container.
Asulox® has been granted an EU Emergency Authorisation for use in the UK, it can be bought from 20th May 2019 until 16th September 2019.
It can be applied from the 1st July until the 31st October 2019. It is a requirement of the approval that any unused product (FULL CONTAINERS) is returned to manufacturer by the 31st October. Please note, if purchased before 1st July we will hold the product for you until nearer to this date.
- Bracken specific herbicide.
- Can be used in areas of forestry, grassland, moorland and amenity vegetation.
- Whilst there is no immediate sign of herbicidal symptoms in the year of spraying the following season there will be virtually no bracken re-growth.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Complete a program of Asulox® re-spraying to increase the product's effectiveness and keep bracken at bay.
- Ensure grass is not stressed and is growing well.
- Save money and time and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Consider using Roundup Pro Vantage 480 in areas with no grass.
- Do not cut bracken for at least 4 weeks after treatment to permit movement of Asulox® to rhizome buds; preferably leave undisturbed until late autumn.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Asulox®.