Iron sulphate is used to green and toughen up grass as well as suppress the growth of moss. This high-quality iron formulation can be used all year round, although it is particularly beneficial during colder spells of weather as it will help strengthen the plant against frost and disease. Iron is absorbed by the leaf giving rapid results and has been known to blacken moss within hours. This product is fully dissolvable in water although good agitation is advised in order to avoid blocked nozzles. This product is ideal for treating large areas such as horse paddocks & amenity areas.
Apply by knapsack or boom sprayer to ensure there is good coverage of the grass and moss. Use 500L of water per hectare to help improve coverage of thicker swards of grass. This particular Iron sulphate has a built in acidifier system which helps to slow the oxidising effect which in turn blocks nozzles & sprayers.
**Due to recent changes in the law, products which contain ferrous sulphate can no longer be claimed to have control against moss. This is because any product which 'controls' moss is now classed as a herbicide, and this requires the product to have an expensive and complex approval. Due to this, we are unable to claim that this product will control moss; In spite of the fact that the product formulation has not changed since when it was used to control moss with very good results**
- Can be used all year round.
- Protects grass against frost and diseases in the winter months.
- Ideal for treating large areas, for example horse paddocks and amenity grassland.
- Fully dissolvable in water.
- Built in acidifier system that slows oxidisation.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Save money and time and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Use in the spring or autumn when treating moss.
- If you require a high iron granular fertiliser look at Nutrigrow 4-0-4+9fe
- If you are looking for a liquid alternative then try Ferro-gem
- If you want to kill weeds at the same time then why not try Weed Feed & Moss Killer.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Iron sulphate.