Lake Shadow is a revolutionary way of controlling and reducing submerged weeds in ponds and lakes. It works by creating an artificial shadow within the water to halve light from reaching the bottom, which in turn will inhibit or halt any growth of algae. It contains a special blend of the three primary colours (red, yellow and blue) so that anyone looking at the water would not know that any colour had been used at all.
This Pond Weed Inhibitor is completely safe to humans and wildlife, and contains only non-toxic European Food approved items which are manufactured from organic sources.
The individual sachets ensure even distribution in larger lakes and the potential of treating smaller ponds with minimum mess. Just 1x100g water soluble sachet will treat 400,000 litres.
How To Use:
Using sachets where a boat is available:
By supplying powders in 100gm water soluble sachets it is easy to calculate the number required to dose a lake or pond. In large lakes simply drop sachets in different areas where they will dissolve releasing the Lake Shadow. By spreading the area, the time taken for the Lake Shadow to fully mix with the water is reduced.
Using sachets where a boat is not available:
Facing the water with a breeze coming from behind, drop a few sachets along the edge and throw the others into the water. The breeze will move the water and Lake Shadow will dissolve and mix in quite freely. Lake Shadow will fully mix with all of the water using this method but may take a little longer.
- Works in all large ponds, lakes and fisheries.
- Very economical to use.
- Simple application methods.
- Saves time and effort.
- Blocks light, denying algae's food source.
- Lasts up to three months.
- Free of pesticides and herbicides.
- Harmless to plants, fish, filters and wildlife.
- All year round use.
- To work out what you need: Width (m) x Length (m) = sq meterage. Sq meterage x depth = amount in cubic meters. 1 cubic meter = 1,000L of water.
- For weeds which are floating on the surface, a treatment of Roundup Pro Active would work well.