Primo Maxx® is a plant growth regulator for management of amenity turf areas such as parks, golf course fairways, tees and greens, sports fields, cemeteries and turf farms. Primo Maxx® works by restricting the growth of the grass which in turn reduces the frequency of mowing and the volume of grass clippings. This can be especially useful in difficult areas such as sloping banks.
Primo Maxx® works by causing a temporary halt in the production of gibberellic acid, a plant hormone responsible for promoting top growth in grasses. Primo Maxx® is absorbed by the grass foliage and transported to the growing points at the base of the plants. One application will shorten the blades of grass by up to 20% for about 4 weeks. Comparing mowing repeatedly and using Primo Maxx to reduce the growth shows considerable cost and time savings.
- Ideal for use on managed amenity turf areas such as sports fields, parks and golf courses.
- Reduced volumes of grass clippings.
- Saves time and money.
- Ideal in difficult mowing areas such as sloping banks.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Save money and time and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Do not apply to newly sown grass or grass under stress.
- Use between 0.4L/ha and 3.2Lha depending on situation and mowing requirements.
- Looking for a cheaper option? Take a look at Maintain.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Primo Maxx®.