ICL have added Ostara's Pearl® Technology to their premium controlled-release Sierrablen Plus fertilizers and it is providing significantly increased rooting and more efficient nutrient use over traditional ammonium-phosphate sources. With Pearl Technology they have eliminated the risk of phosphorus leaching into the environment or it irreversibly locking onto soil particles: Pearl only releases in response to organic acids produced by the roots and therefore will be taken up as per the plants' requirement.
The key benefits of Root Activated™ continuous release phosphorus, including increased turf rooting density and better phosphorus use efficiency, have been proven through published independent research trials in the UK and US.
- Controlled-release Poly-S nitrogen for strong turf response and 3+ month longevity.
- Root-activated™, continuous-release phosphorus, nitrogen and magnesium resulting in increased rooting.
- Contains Polyhalite with K, CaO and MgO.
- Circular nutrients N, P and MgO recovered from phosphorus-rich water streams.
- Earlier harvest time when used for turf production.
- Apply the fertilizer with a spreader just after scarifying to allow the granules to disperse into the sward.
- Apply the fertilizer evenly after preparation of the soil and just before sodding. The roots of the sod should touch the granules.
- Seeding – Apply the fertilizer with a spreader and work the fertilizer into the top 3 cm of the soil before seeding.
- Over-Seeding - Open up the soil and apply the fertilizer with a spreader, reseed afterwards.
- Apply the fertilizer after mowing with a spreader