Birdstrike Airport Grass Seed Mix 20kg
- For areas around airport runways.
- Creates an unfavourable habitat for birds.
- Stiff, upright growth habit deters birds from landing.
- Very persistent and tolerant of harsh conditions.
- Designed to be used as part of a ‘Long Grass Management’ programme.
Selecting the correct grass seed for airfields is business critical and therefore extremely important. One of the biggest dangers in the aviation industry is birds striking aircraft.
Premier Birdstrike Airfield Grass Seed mixture is designed to be sown around airfields, and maintained at the height of 150mm, as per a ‘Long Grass Management’ programme, thereby deterring birds from landing around the runway. The mix benefits from varieties of grass that promote upright growth making it difficult for birds to land.
- 60% Tall Fescue SC1
- 20% Cocksfoot LIDACTA
- 10% Timothy COMTAL
- 10% Strong Creeping Red Fescue MAXIMA
- If possible, do not treat for weeds until grass is older than 6 months old.
- Treat annually with 9-7-7 Fertiliser to maintain a healthy sward.
- Use our Lawn Soil Analysis service to find out exactly what nutrients are available and to get a tailored fertiliser plan if required.
- Take a look at our How To Seed and Overseed a Lawn Guide.
|Birdstrike Airport Grass Seed Mix 20kg
|Overseeding: 35g per m²
New Sow: 70g per m²
|Period Of Use
|Spread By Hand, Spreader
|Pack Size Coverage
|Up to 570m²
|60% Tall Fescue SC1
20% Cocksfoot LIDACTA
10% Timothy COMTAL
10% Strong Creeping Red Fescue MAXIMA
Help & Advice
You may also need...
Purchase the correct amount of product for your requirements with our product calculator - which will tell you how much product you require.
Calculator Disclaimer - This is guide only, For crop specific rates please check the product label.