Pyrethrum 5 EC is a contact insecticide for use on various crops including tomato, aubergine, courgette & peppers. It is used for the control of all chewing and sucking pests including aphids (blackfly and greenfly), caterpillars, whitefly and red spider mite.
The pyrethrin active ingredient derives from chrysanthemum flowers (chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium) and has been available in Europe for 150 years in most chemist shops for flea and louse control. Liquid concentrates containing extracts from this flower miscible with water and suitable for spray application to crops had not been registered for use by the Pesticides Safety Directorate until now.
This natural insecticide is now registered and is suitable for use in organic and non-organic farming. Pyrethrum 5 EC kills insect pests quickly without leaving any toxic residuals.
- Natural organic insecticide.
- Controls all chewing and sucking pests such as aphids, caterpillars and red spider mite.
- Suitable for use on various crops.
- Can be used all year round.
- Suitable for use in organic farming.
- Always read the product label before use.
- To help deter birds and mammals then look at Grazers.
- To help aid plant recovery take a look at Hort-booster.
- For best results ensure excellent coverage of dense foliage.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Pyrethrum 5 EC.