Sultan 50SC is a residual herbicide for the pre- and post- emergence control of broad-leaved weeds, however it will also have some effect against grass weeds. It can be used around ornamental trees, shrubs and forestry making it an ideal replacement for Ronstar which was taken off the market in 2014.
Apply Sultan as an overall treatment to the area using a knapsack or boom sprayer. New plantings can be treated after lining out or transplanting once the plants are established and sufficiently hardened off to withstand treatment. This may require irrigation before application which will also ensure adequate soil moisture. Apply 1.5 litres of Sultan in 220-450 litres of water per hectare. Use the higher water volume when seedbeds are less than ideal to ensure adequate coverage.
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|
Sultan will provide effective control the following weeds: chickweed, red dead-nettle, forget-me-not, mayweed, annual meadow grass, parsley piert, speedwell & sheppard's purse. It will also provide a degree of control against cleavers, cranesbill and poppy.
Some of the below list may be treated with an overall spray. Not all species or cultivars have been tested and so only a small number of plants should be treated initially to gain experience with the treatment. Selectivity it is greatest when applied under cool, overcast conditions. Applications should not be made to soft, vigorously growing foliage particularly during or after a period of warm days and cold nights.
Note: † These species may show transient leaf curl, leaf necrosis and mottling (needle shortening on Pinus) from overall sprays. †† These species have been tested with a directed spray at the stem base only.
- Residual herbicide that offers both pre- and post-emergence control of a wide range of broad-leaved weeds.
- Ideal for use around ornamental trees, shrubs and forestry.
- Approved for application via a knapsack or boom sprayer.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Use Sultan as a replacement to Ronstar Liquid.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Keep livestock out of treated areas until poisonous weeds (such as ragwort) have died and become unpalatable.
- Avoid spraying Sultan in windy conditions as drift may cause damage to neighbouring crops or plants.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Sultan.
|Active Ingredient||500g/L metazachlor|
|LERAP Category||Crop over 5m - see authourisation for details|
|Pack Size Coverage||Up to 3 Hectares or 30,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||10ml per 10L of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||1.5L per Hectare|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Annual Weeds, Bindweed, Chickweed, Daisy, Fat Hen, General Weeds, Grasses, Nettle|
|Area of Use||Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees|
|Period Of Use||January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December, Spring, Autumn|