As grass weeds can be very invasive and reduce the growth in trees, particularly around new plantations and hedge rows, it is imperative there is an effective solution.
Falcon is a selective herbicide for the control of monocotyledons (grasses) in a range of broadleaved crops including trees & forestry. This product can be used through a knapsack or a boom sprayer and is safe for use on trees and hedges as an overall or spot treatment. As a contact herbicide, Falcon weed killer will only kill the grass it touches. If you require a longer lasting product, look at Gemstone Granules.
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|
|Conifers||Broad Leaved Trees
|Douglas Fir||Wild Cherry||Willow|
|Corsican Pine||Sweet Chestnut|
|Western Red Cedar||Horse Chestnut|
- Selective herbicide for controlling aggressive and invasive grasses (monocotyledons) around trees and hedges.
- Can be used safely on trees and hedges as an overall or spot on treatment.
- Falcon is a contact herbicide therefore it will only ever kill the grass it touches.
- Use the higher dose on larger perennial grasses or when treating in cooler conditions.
- Save money and time and mix in with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or re-applied.
- Falcon & Shogun are alternative brands but the same product.
- Always wear protective clothing when handling Falcon, for example Chemical Resistant Gloves.
- Weeds must be emerged at the time of application. To reduce the risk of any resistance Falcon application should be made to young, actively growing weeds.
|Active Ingredient||100g/L propaquizafop|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||1 Hectares or 10,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||75ml per 10L of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||0.5-1.5L per Hectare|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Annual Weeds, Grasses|
|Period Of Use||April, May, June, July, August, September, October, Spring, Summer|
|MPN||Does not apply|