Gazelle is a water soluble granule insecticide for the control of whitefly and aphids on a variety of orchard crops including apple, aubergine (protected), cherry, ornamental plant production (outdoor), ornamental plant production (protected), pear, pepper (protected), plum, tomato (protected).
With more than 500 aphid species in Britain, aphids are very common sap-sucking insects that cause a lack of plant vigour and distorted growth. They often also excrete honeydew which encourages the growth of sooty moulds. Often confused with aphids, whitefly are similar to aphids in that they excrete honeydew onto foliage allowing sooty mould growth. Whilst whitefly normally target indoor plants (greenhouse and house), outdoor plants can also be affected, particularly in warm conditions.
Gazelle is broad spectrum offering additonal control for chewing and sucking pests such as thrips, leafminers (specific species), leaf hoppers, mealybugs, beetles and specific species of weevils. It also controls leafmidge, scale insects, fly species (cherry, sawfly and sciarid), capsids and some caterpillar species.
- Water soluble granule.
- Broad spectrum- offers control over a wide range of pests.
- Can be used on a variety of crops inlcuding apple, pear, cherries, tomatoes and ornamentals plants.
- Always read the product label before use.
- For best result use Gazelle before pest infestations become well established.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Gazelle.
- After a natural method of control for aphids? Take a look at Naturalis.