|Lower Rate:||300,000 nematodes per sqm in 1 litre of water|
|Re-application:||every 4-6 weeks to achieve effective and constant control|
|Higher Rate:||50,000 nematodes per sqm in 1 litre of water|
|Re-application:||Every week to achieve effective & constant control at this rate.|
NEMAslug contains millions of tiny nematodes called Heterorhabditis hermaphrodita which actively seek out all kinds of slugs and infect them with a bacteria which will stop them from feeding and kill them. The nematodes will then leave the corpse and seek out more slugs and snails. Unlike other slug controls you will not see dead slugs as they go underground to die. As NEMAslug is so safe, it can be used on all edible crops and ornamentals. The nematodes can also be used to control (nude) snails such as field snails (Deroceras sp.), many bottom snails (Oxyloma sp.) and road snails (Arion sp.).
NEMAslug is a 100% safe product for pets, children and other wildlife. It is also environmentally friendly and is a perfect choice for organic gardeners. They work down to temperatures of 5oC and will survive occasional frost so can be used early in the season. Nematodes are particularly effective in damp, wet weather unlike pellets which can become less effective when wet. For best results nematodes need to be re-applied every 6 weeks.
Storage: Nematodes are perishable and need to be applied quickly after delivery. They can however be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Please note that delivery can take up to 2 weeks.
Comes in 2 pack sizes:
- 30 Million
- 250 Million
- Suitable for use in organic gardens – chemical free.
- 100% safe for children, pets and wildlife – they don’t need to be excluded from the area.
- Easy to apply with a watering can – no expensive equipment needed.
- Active for 6 weeks – less frequent application than alternative pellet products.
- Thrives in wet damp conditions.
- Zero harvest interval – edible crops can be treated and eaten immediately.
- Can be used all year round in polytunnels and greenhouses.
- Does not require removal of dead slugs.
- Re-apply NEMAslug every 6 weeks.
- Keep in the fridge- use within 2 weeks of delivery.
**Due to the fact this is a living organism and requires refrigerated transport, all delivery details must be correct and someone must be in to receive the parcel. Failure to do this will likely result in the product having to be replaced at an additional cost**
|Active Ingredient||Phasmarhabditis hermaphrodita|
|Pack Size Coverage||100m2-830m2 (Depends on Pack Size)|