Shark is a fast acting contact herbicide used for the control of broad-leaved weeds in edible and non-edible crops prior to planting, orchards and vineyards. It can also be used as a desiccant for potatoes. Shark is rapidly absorbed through foliage and the green stems of plants; the contact herbicide then disrupts the membrane in order to desiccate and control targeted weeds. Signs of desiccation can be seen within a few hours after application and the death of the weed follows within a few days.
Shark is safe to use around most grasses, trees and shrubs, although please speak to our team for detail on the exact tolerance of individual species. Shark has an EAMU (Extension of Authorisation for Minor Use) around various fruit crops and forestry and ornamental production.
- Effective contact herbicide for the control of broad-leaved weeds (such as daisy, dandelion and nettle) in edible and non-edible crops prior to planting, orchards and vineyards.
- Can be used as a desiccant for potatoes.
- Fast acting- signs of desiccation can be seen within a few hours and death of the weed occurs after a few days.
- Safe for use around most grasses, trees and shrubs.
- Desiccates and controls weeds through a process of membrane disruption.
- Suitable for tank mixing with glysophate herbicides.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Best results are obtained when Shark is applied to young, actively growing weeds.
- Applying Shark in optimum conditions (warm and moist) will obtain the best results. Herbicidal symptoms are slowed in very dry or cold conditions.
- Avoid drift onto neighbouring crops or plants.
- Save money and time and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Shark.
|Active Ingredient||60g/L carfentrazone-ethyl|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||Depends on crop|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||0.111 l/Hectare|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Annual Weeds, Bindweed, Chickweed, Clover, Daisy, Dandelion, Fat Hen, General Weeds, Moss, Nettle|
|Area of Use||Horticulture, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees|
|Period Of Use||March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, Spring, Summer, Autumn|
|MPN||Does not apply|