Sven is a pyrethroid insecticide which can be used across a broad range of crops including ornamental plant production, managed amenity turf, permanent grassland, potatoes, cereals & a range of vegetable crops. Sven has a wide spectrum of controllable pests including aphids (see label for full list), red ants, weevil, bibionid larvae, caterpillars, leaf miners and thrips.
As well as controlling insects by contact & ingestion, Sven will also offer a degree of protection to new insects not present at the time of application.
With over 500 species of aphids in Britain they are one of the most common pests in gardens, crops and amenity turf. These sap-sucking insects cause stunted and distorted growth and also excrete honeydew which then encourages sooty mould growth. It is usually possible to see aphid infestations with the naked eye- look for them on shoot tips, flower buds, and the underside of young leaves.
To ensure better penetration to insects in Turf we would recommend using Sumi-alpha in conjunction with Abzorb Wetting Agent.
- Low amount of active ingredient applied.
- Wide crop & target range.
- Offers a degree of protection against pests not present at application.
- Excellent rain-fastness.
- Always read the product label before use.
- To help deter birds and mammals take a look at Grazers.
- To help aid plant recovery look at Hort-booster.
- Ensure excellent coverage of dense foliage.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no ares are missed or overdosed.
- Do not use within 5 metres of a watercourse.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Sven.
|Active Ingredient||25g/L esfenvalerate|
|Pack Size Coverage||3.3 Hectare1 or 33,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||15ml per 10L of water|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||300ml/ha|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Ants, Aphids|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf|
|Safe For Use On||Grass|
|Period Of Use||All Year Round|