*due to production shortages in early 2019 this product has increased in price compared to 2018. Please call our team to discuss more cost effective alternatives if required.*
Hurler is a selective translocated herbicide for use on grassland and is one of the few products on the market which is safe to use on newly-sown grass leys. This product is widely used in mixtures with other herbicides to increase the range of controlable weeds; it is best used in combination with Thrust or Headland Polo.
For young grass apply 0.75 litres per hectare of Hurler in 200 – 400 litres of water per hectare. Apply in the autumn or spring when the weeds are actively growing. The grass must have at least 3 fully expanded leaves at the time of treatment.
For established grass, Hurler should be used at 2L per hectare which equates to 800ml per acre.
For smaller areas, consider Hurler 1L.
|Recommended Dilution Rates
|Rate Per Hectare
||Dilution Per Litre
|750ml - New grass
||3ml per litre of water
Cleavers, Dandelion. Common Chickweed, Common hemp-nettle,
Field forget-me-not, Black Bindweed, Henbit dead nettle,
Red dead-nettle, Knotgrass, Common Fumitory, Groundsel,
||13ml per litre of water
As above plus Dock, Nettle & Bramble
- Selective herbicide for the control of broad-leaved weeds in areas of grassland.
- Often used in a mixture with other herbicides to increase the range of controllable weeds.
- Can be used safely in combination with Thrust or Headland Polo.
- One of the few products on the current market that can be used on newly-sown grass leys.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Ensure grass is not stressed and is growing well.
- Mix in Activate-g to help improve the effectiveness of the herbicides.
- Save time and money and mix in Blue Dye to clearly see the areas you have sprayed.
- Keep livestock out of treated areas for at least 10-14 days or until poisonous weeds such as ragwort have died and become unpalatable.
- Avoid spraying grass mixes which are undersown with Clover as this may be harmed.
- Best results are achieved against small weeds growing actively under warm, moist conditions.
- Avoid using Hurler if rain is forecast imminently.
- After Hurler in a smaller container? Please take a look at Hurler 1L.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Hurler.