Apollo 50 SC 1L
- Kills both the eggs and the early motile stages of red spider mite.
- Suitable for use in fruit trees such as apple and pear.
- Provides some control on apple rust mites.
- Very low dose rate.
Apollo is a selective and very active acaricide containing 500g/L of clofentezine for effective control against red spider mite. The active ingredient of Apollo kills both the eggs and early motile stages of the red spider mite (Panonychus ulmi) in apples and pears.
Red spider mite (or Panonychus ulmi) is a species of mite which cause major issues in fruit trees. They feed by puncturing leaf cells and sucking out the contents which in-turn restricts the tree's ability to conduct processes such as photosynthesis. At first, leaves may develop pale spots around the colonies of mite. As the infestation becomes more established entire leaves become a rusty brown colour and, if continued to be left untreated, may drop prematurely. Both crop yield and quality are significiantly reduced as a direct effect of red spider mite.
Apollo is of minimal hazard to predatory mites (e.g. Typhlodromus pyri), bees and predatory insects when used as directed.
Apollo also offers some control on apple rust mites.
Apollo has a very low dose rate of 400ml per hectare, in 800 litres of water.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Alternate the use of Apollo 50 SC with other acaricides with a different mode of action to minimise the risk of resistance.
- For best results apply to fruit trees between bud burst and pink bud.
- For effective control total tree cover is essential. When spraying large trees high volumes are preferred.
- After a spider mite pesticide suitable for use on outdoor and protected crops? Take a look at Majestik.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Apollo.
|Apollo 50 SC 1L
|Period Of Use
|All Year Round
|Area of Use
|Boom Sprayer Rate
|0.4L/ha in a minimum of 800L of water
|Pack Size Coverage
|Up to 30,000m²
|Safe For Use On
|Around Fruit Trees, Around Shrubs, Around Trees
|Treats (Pest / Weed / Disease)
Help & Advice
You may also need...
Purchase the correct amount of product for your requirements with our product calculator - which will tell you how much product you require.
Calculator Disclaimer - This is guide only, For crop specific rates please check the product label.