Smitten is a contact and translaminar insecticide and acaricide for control of two-spotted spider mite, leaf miners and western flower thrips on protected and outdoor flower crops and other ornamentals.
Two-spotted spider mite (also known as glasshouse red spider mite) is a common sap-feeding mite that causes mottled leaves and premature leaf loss on a wide range of garden and greenhouse plants. Notoriously difficult, leaf miners are insects in which the larval stage lives in (and eats) plant leaf tissue. Symtoms of leaf miners are usually yellow squiggly lines on the leaves, however damage can also appear as spots or blotches. Western flower thrips attack the flowers and foliage of many greenhouse plants, including dahlias, tomatoes and cucumbers. These difficult pests cause silvering of the leaves, stunted growth, flecking and premature senescence of flowers.
Smitten can be used on the following crops: aubergine (permanent protection with full enclosure), ornamental plant production (permanent protection with full enclosure), pepper and chilli (permanent protection with full enclosure), strawberry (permanent protection with full enclosure), and tomato (permanent protection with full enclosure).
- Provides effective control over two spotted spider mite, leaf miners and western flower thrips.
- Suitable for use on agricultural/horticultural crops, trees and ornamentals.
- Can be used all year round.
- Always read the product label before use.
- To control western flower thrips apply at the first sign of nymphs in the crop. For best results, make 2 or 3 applications leaving a week long interval between sprays.
- After a cheaper option? Take a look at Sven Insecticide.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Smitten.