Thrust is a strong selective weed killer for the control of annual and broad-leaved weeds in agricultural and amenity grassland. Whilst this product is highly effective on weeds such as thistle, dock, plantain, soft rush and buttercups, it is particularly effective on the troublesome weed, ragwort. Thrust can be applied on paddocks and pastures as it will not harm the grass. It can be applied through a vehicle mounted or hand held sprayer making it a useful and versitile product.
Following the withdrawal of many other selective herbicides, Thrust is one of the few remaining products that can boast value for money.
When using Thrust to control ragwort or other waxy weeds, we recommend mixing in a herbicide enhancer Activate-g 1L. This helps the herbicide be drawn into the leaves more effectively & cuts down on the loss of product. It will also help reduce the amount of time it takes for the chemical to dry on the leaf.
To increase the spectrum of controllable weeds we would recommend using Thrust at 3L/ha mixed mixed with 2L/ha of Hurler 1L.
|Recommended Period of Use|
|= Optimum time for application|
- Highly effective on ragwort.
- Also offers control on broad-leaved weeds such as thistle, dock, plantain, soft rush and buttercups.
- Ideal for paddocks and pastures as it is safe for grass.
- Great value for money.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Do not graze livestock on treated areas for at least 14 days after spraying.
- Avoid spraying in windy conditions as drift onto neighbouring crop may damage non-target plants.
- Apply to a dry crop when rain is not forecast for the following 12 hours.
- Save time and money and mix with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Alwasys wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Thrust.
|Active Ingredient||344g/L 24-D + 120g/L dicamba|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Pack Size Coverage||Up to1.6 Hectares or 16,000m2|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||350ml per 10L of water covers 1000m2|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||Up to 3.5L per Hectare in 100L - 400L of water.|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer, Knapsack|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Buttercup, Dock, Nettle, Plantain, Ragwort, Soft Rush, Thistle|
|Area of Use||Amenity Turf, Lawn, Paddock, Pasture|
|Safe For Use On||Grass, Lawns, Paddocks, Pasture|
|Period Of Use||April, May, June, July, August, September, October, Spring, Summer, Autumn|
|MPN||Does not apply|
|Max Rate Per Hectare||Max Total Rate||Dilution Per Litre||Weeds Controlled|
(amenity grassland only)
|35ml per litre of water||Annual & perennial broad-leaved weeds|
|3 L Thrust + 2L Hurler||
Cleavers, Dandelion. Common Chickweed,
Common hemp-nettle, Field forget-me-not,
Black Bindweed, dead nettle, Dock, Ragwort, Bramble
Restrictions you need to be aware of are as follows...
- Graze for at least 14 days after spraying
- Mow or roll 4 days before or after application. The first 4 mowings after treatment must be composted for at least six months before use.
- Treat newly established grass less than one year old
- Treat grass crops intended for seed production
- Treat grass suffering from drought, disease or other adverse factors
- Roll or harrow crops for seven days either before or after application of THRUST
- Apply when grassland is flowering
- Apply in windy weather in case of spray drift onto neighbouring crops.
- Spray within 5 metres of the field boundary
Always read the product label before use and use correct PPE