This pack consists of Encarsia Formosa pupae which will hatch out into adult female parasitic wasps. The adult wasps will search for whitefly larvae in the 3rd and 4th stage. The wasp will then parasitise the whitefly and lay an egg inside it, causing it to die. A new parasitic wasp will develop inside the dead whitefly larvae and will eventually emerge to search for more whitefly. The wasps will also feed on the younger larvae of whitefly in the 1st and 2nd larval stages of development.
They are supplied as Encarsia Formosa pupae which are glued to a card which is simply hung in the crop where whiteflies are present. When they arrive the wasps have to be introduced as soon as possible. The cards should be separated carefully. See that your fingers do not touch the pupae while loosening and hanging the cards in the crop (to prevent damage). The small hole on top of the card enables you to hang them up easily in the plants. Hang the cards 50cm below the top of the plants, spreading them equally over the area to be treated.
Pack Size Quantities:
- Covering up to 50 sqm
- Covering up to 100 sqm
- Safe for humans, pets and the environment – children and pets need not be excluded from the areas.
- Encarsia Formosa pupae are fixed onto a card which means they are protected from damage in transit.
- There is a high rate of emergence of the pupae. Encarsia is only active at 16oC or above
- The Encarsia formosa are easy to detect in your crop as you can clearly see the black scales.
- Host feeding will also take place – the female encarsia will also feed on the whitefly which will increase her lifespan and ability to lay more eggs, therefore killing more whitefly.
- Can be used in an organic garden.
- Use immediately upon reciept
Please note that delivery can take up to 2 weeks - these are a live product that have specific transportation and storage conditons
**Due to the fact this is a living organism and requires refrigerated transport, all delivery details must be correct and someone must be in to receive the parcel. Failure to do this will likely result in the product having to be replaced at an additional cost**