Borneo is an acaricide used to control spider mites in protected tomatoes and aubergines. Borneo is a suspension concentrate, meaning that the product is made up of stable suspensions of the insecticide. Suspension concentrates such as Borneo are a popular dispersion methos due to their ease of pouring and measuing. They are also seen as potentially safer for the operator.
Borneo has contact and translaminar activity is effective control against eggs, nymphs and larvae. Borneo acts against the adult females by making them sterile.
- For use on indoor tomatoes and aubergines. This product also has an EAMU (Extension of Authorisation for Minor Use) for Outdoor plant production & Strawberries.
- Works best if used on the first mobile stages of spider mites
- Borneo has a residual action of 45 to 60 days
- In case of a high adult mite infestation, an adult specific aracide should be applied
- Recommended to be used only once a year
- 3 day harvest interval
|Active Ingredient||110g/l etoxazole|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||35ml per Hectare (Varies depening on crop)|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Spider Mite|
|Area of Use||Horticulture, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees|
|Period Of Use||All Year Round, Spring, Summer, Autumn|
|MPN||Does not apply|