Borneo is an acaricide used to control of red spider mites in protected tomatoes and aubergines, although it also has an EAMU (Extension of Authorisation for Minor Use) for outdoor plant production & strawberries. Borneo is a suspension concentrate meaning that the product is made up of stable suspensions of the insecticide. Suspension concentrates such as Borneo are a popular dispersion method due to their ease of pouring and measuring. They are also seen as potentially safer for the operator.
Borneo has contact and translaminar activity and is effective control against eggs, nymphs and larvae. Borneo also acts against the adult females by making them sterile.
- For use on indoor tomatoes and aubergines.
- Borneo has a residual action of 45 to 60 days.
- In case of a high adult mite infestation, an adult specific aracide should be applied.
- Recommended to be used only once a year.
- 3 day harvest interval.
- Always read the product label before use.
- For best results use Borneo on the first mobile stages of spider mites.
- For a natural method of control for red spider mite, take a look at PHYTOcontrol.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Borneo.
|Active Ingredient||110g/L etoxazole|
|LERAP Category||Does Not Apply|
|Boom Sprayer Rate||25 - 35ml per Hectare (depending on crop)|
|Application Method(s)||Boom Sprayer|
|Treats (Pest/Weed/Disease)||Spider Mite|
|Area of Use||Horticulture, Trees & Ornamentals|
|Safe For Use On||Safe Around Fruit Trees, Safe Around Shrubs, Safe Around Trees|
|Period Of Use||All Year Round, Spring, Summer, Autumn|
|MPN||Does not apply|
Borneo should be used at a concentration of 25-30 ml per 100 L of water in 500-1500 L water/ha; or at a concentration of 35 ml per 100 L of water in 500-1000 L water/ha. The higher concentration of 35ml per 100 L of water should be applied when a high pest population is present.
Use sufficient water volume to obtain complete crop coverage