Borneo is an acaricide used to control of red spider mites in protected tomatoes and aubergines, although it also has an EAMU (Extension of Authorisation for Minor Use) for outdoor plant production & strawberries. Borneo is a suspension concentrate meaning that the product is made up of stable suspensions of the insecticide. Suspension concentrates such as Borneo are a popular dispersion method due to their ease of pouring and measuring. They are also seen as potentially safer for the operator.
Borneo has contact and translaminar activity and is effective control against eggs, nymphs and larvae. Borneo also acts against the adult females by making them sterile.
This product is specially ordered from our supplier. It has a 1 week lead time so please allow this time after making your order.
- For use on indoor tomatoes and aubergines.
- Borneo has a residual action of 45 to 60 days.
- In case of a high adult mite infestation, an adult specific aracide should be applied.
- Recommended to be used only once a year.
- 3 day harvest interval.
- Always read the product label before use.
- For best results use Borneo on the first mobile stages of spider mites.
- For a natural method of control for red spider mite, take a look at PHYTOcontrol.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Borneo.