Leystar is a 3-way post emergent selective Herbicide with a broad spectrum of weed control. It is designed to specifically target Dandelion, Daisy, Buttercup, Cleavers, Ribwort Plantain and other Broad-leaved weeds such as Common Chickweed and Thistle. With a short window between spraying and returning grazing animals, Leystar is ideal for use on paddocks and pastures. This product is also one of the few on the market that is safe for use on newly sown leys. Leystar can be applied through a vehicle mounted or hand held sprayer making it a useful and versatile product. Leystar also has a useful approval & EAMU for controlling weeds in Maize & Maize Gamecover.
When using Leystar to control weeds such as Thistle and Plantain, we recommend mixing in a herbicide enhancer such as Activate-g 1L. This helps the herbicide to be drawn into the leaves more effectively & cuts down on the loss of product. It will also help reduce the amount of time it takes for the chemical to dry on the leaf.
To improve the effectiveness of controlling weeds with Leystar by up to 25%, we recommend using Activate-G Herbicide Enhancer
One of only a few select herbicides which can be used on newly sown leys.
Post-emergence foliar acting herbicide specifically designed for the effective eradication of Daisy, Dandelion, Buttercup, Docks, Great Plantain and Ribwort Plantain.
Very short grazing interval (only 7 days) allows livestock to be returned to paddocks quickly.
Less chance of re-growth as the herbicide is foliar acting meaning the active ingredients travel to the root of the weed.
Wide application period – Leystar can be applied between the 1st February to 30th September.
- For best results apply Leystar to weeds which are small and are actively growing.
- Allow an interval of 4 weeks after application before cutting grass to optimise the effect of the herbicide.
- Do not roll or harrow grass for 10 days before or 7 days after application.
- Do not apply to crops which are under stress such as frost or drought as this can affect the performance of the product.
- Save money and time and mix in with Blue Dye to ensure no areas are missed or overdosed.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Leystar.