Fertiliser Advisers Certification & Training Scheme (FACTS) Amenity Turf
Duration: 5 days
Location: Agrigem training facility, Lincoln, Lincolnshire.
This course is an independent certification scheme for advisers in plant nutrient management (turf). Most people who take an interest in sports turf, both in its management and production, appreciate that if soil fertility is to be maintained then the nutrients taken off during mowing or lost to air or water must be replaced. However, many of these people are also concerned about the actual or potential environmental damage that these losses can cause and they look to those involved to do what they can to minimise them. This is one of the main pressures to which those advising greenkeepers and groundsmen on fertiliser use must respond and which was behind the establishment of the FACTS scheme.
- The soil or playing surface in relation to turf grass nutrition
- Nature and properties of fertilisers and liming materials
- Plant nutrients and the basis of choice of Fertilisers for the main turf grass utilisations
- The transport, storage, handling and application of fertilisers
- Codes of good practice and legal and other Environmental Protection Measures
|Boom Sprayer Rate||N/A|
|Knapsack Sprayer Rate||N/A|
|Pack Size Coverage||N/A|
|MPN||Does not apply|
|Area of Use||N/A|
|Safe For Use On||N/A|
|Period Of Use||N/A|