Met52 Granular is a biological insecticide/bioinsecticide for the control of black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus spp.) larvae in ornamental plant production, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, blackcurrant, gooseberry, redcurrant and whitecurrant crops both under protection and outdoors. This product is applied directly to the soil as a spreadable granule or incorporated during planting.
Extensive trials over many years have demonstrated the high efficacy of Met52 granular against Vine Weevil. A trial in Holland in 2008 found that when pots were infected with 30 Black Vine Weevil per pot and Met52 granular incorporated at 500g/m3 the incidence of BVW remaining was virtually zero.
To obtain good control of Vine Weevil larvae in small containers it is particularly important to ensure even mixing of the correct dose into the soil. When plants are potted into large containers, the growing medium in which they are potted should also have Met52 granular incorporated. This helps to maintain good control - if Met52 is not used, larvae within the orignal root ball may not be controlled after the re-potting.
- Will control vine weevil in open field, substrate and container crops.
- Recommended for use on ornamentals and a wide range of soft fruits.
- Contains a specific strain of a naturally occuring soil fungus.
- No harvest interval needed and no residue is left.
- Control of larvae is likely to be greatest in peat-based growing media.
- Always read the product label before use.
- Optimal conditions for Met52 are temperatures between 15-30 degrees celcius.
- Control of larvea is likely to be best in peat-based growing media.
- Always wear protective clothing, such as Chemical Resistant Gloves, when handling Met52.
**Please note that due to this product having a short shelf life, it is not a stock item and delivery would be 2-3 days**